Tracking the developing fortunes (and names) of Swansea's new sporting stadium.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

WE'RE BEING FLEECED

24 September 2005

The other day, I intended to order two tickets from StadCo for the Swansea City games against Nottingham Forest and Blackpool. I buy my tickets well in advance to ensure I get to see the match. I do not have a season ticket as I am a shift worker and may not be able to attend every game.

As always, I pay with my debit or Master Card via telephone, but on this particular day I was informed there would be a £1.50 admin. charge and, as I required two tickets for two different matches, that would entail a £3 charge, even though I was making only one transaction.I

asked the gentleman when this charge was implemented, as I have never had to pay the charge previously, and he informed me it came into force that day.

What are StadCo trying to do, drive away the fans of Swansea city?

Instead of paying £30 I am expected to pay £33.

I will, of course, buy the tickets as I want to support my football club, but I do not intend to pay over the phone or by debit card in future.

One would think with all the adverse publicity StadCo has received, they would not invite any further controversy.Once again, they are fleecing the fans.

A. George, Gower View Road, Penyrheol, Gorseinon