Tracking the developing fortunes (and names) of Swansea's new sporting stadium.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Ticket 'glitch' for Wales match

12 August 2005

Football fans who bought tickets for Wales' friendly against Slovenia next Wednesday have complained of being issued with two sets and charged twice.

There have also been complaints that tickets have been issued for different parts of the New Stadium in Swansea than the seating areas requested.

Management company Stadco said there had been "an initial ticketing error" and apologised for any inconvenience.

A spokesman said anyone who had been charged twice was being refunded.
The BBC has been contacted by several people, including one fan, Duncan Jardine from Blackwood, who said he ordered 10 tickets but was sent 20.

"I ordered 10 tickets about six weeks ago and heard nothing until three envelopes arrived.
"There were the 10 tickets I had ordered in one envelope, with another one containing four for the north stand in another and six more for the north stand sat away from the four in another. And I got charged for all 20," he said.

Mr Jardine said that he was not happy with the way the stadium handled his complaint.
"I managed to get through to the stadium to sort it out and they told me to rip up the 10 tickets I hadn't ordered and that I wouldn't be charged for all 20.

"But when I checked my credit card statement and surprise surprise I have been charged twice.
"I was told that only a few people had been affected by a temporary computer glitch but I know of at least a dozen other people who have had problems.

"I am just waiting to see if I am going to be reimbursed for the tickets I didn't order.
"It is a total farce - it is just ridiculous," he added.

An FAW spokesman urged fans who have had problems to be patient.

"We are aware of it (ticketing problem)," said Ceri Sennett from the FAW.

"The tickets are handled by the New Stadium in Swansea and it is an issue for them. It is a new stadium and will have teething problems.

"Of course it is unfortunate and I would say please bear with us as it is very much in its infancy.
The Stadco spokesman said: "Due to an initial ticketing error, we have issued a very small number of fans with replacement tickets. Anyone who has been charged twice are being refunded very quickly.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we can reassure fans that the initial problems have been overcome and ticketing arrangements are now progressing very well.

"Anyone with any queries or fans who want to buy tickets should contact the ticket office on 08700 400 004."