Tracking the developing fortunes (and names) of Swansea's new sporting stadium.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

STADCO ISN'T DELIVERING

24 August 2005

I applied for two tickets for the Wales v Slovenia friendly by filling the application form, complete with cheque for £48 (including 10 per cent administration fee and £4 for obligatory special delivery). As the special delivery did not appear to be forthcoming, I telephoned the stadium ticket office and was told that the tickets had been dispatched.

The Saturday before the match arrived, still no tickets had come, so I turned up in person at the ticket office, complete with a copy of my bank statement showing that my cheque had been presented.

The young man at the ticket office found my name and address on the computer, and asked me if I had paid for the tickets. Once again I was told that the tickets were in the post.Wednesday arrived, my brother and myself turned up at the stadium ticket-less. And again, I was asked if the tickets had been paid for.

Mervyn and myself were a little irked by the whole procedure and were finally given two tickets for east stand, row X, where the view was excellent, even allowing for our X location.

Talk about Fred Karno's Army. However, I am sure StadCo bosses probably do not realise the significance of the comment.

Maybe the StadCo organisation has a saboteur in its midst, or more likely is just not up to the job. We even doubt if there will be any recompense.

Between us, my brother and I have spent nearly 120 years supporting the Swans, along with many other loyal fans, so this treatment of supporters is just not acceptable.

One more point I would like to make - why is the ticket office not open for 9am instead of 11.30am? Once again a lack of consideration.

Bill Rundle, Summerland Lane, Newton, Swansea